The ISE research group has worked in collaboration with different research groups and universities.
- Mikko Hupa and Patrik Yrjas from the Combustion and Material Chemistry Department of the Abo-Akademi University, Turku (Finland). They admitted S. Sánchez-Delgado during a stay of three months in the summer of 2007. Sergio studied biomass characterisation with different experimental techniques.
- Dr. Seng Lim, research scientific in CSIRO-Minerals Clayton, Victoria (Australia), they admitted M. de Vega in a short stay during the summer of 2007. M. de Vega studied scale-up problems in fluidized beds.
- Filip Johnsson and David Pallarés, of the Energy and Environmental Department of Chalmers University of Technology in Göteborg (Sweden), they accepted José A. Almendros in a short stay during the summer of 2006. During his stay José A. Almendros collaborated in a numerical-experimental study of the fluid-dynamics in two-dimensional fluidized beds using experimental measurements and a finite elements technique. Furthermore, they accepted A. Gómez García in a summer stay, collaborating in fuels and solids mixing patterns research applying different tracking techniques (thermal, phosphorescent and magnetic). Nowadays both research groups are still working together.
- Belén Alejandre Moysi, Domestic Business Manager of CGC BIOMASA, collaborated with the ISE group in project number ENE2006-01401/ALT.
- John Dennis and Stuart Scott, of the Chemical Engineering Department and Engineering Department at the University of Cambridge (UK), accepted Antonio Acosta Iborra for a research stay during the summer of 2009. During his stay, Antonio studied granular temperature from DEM simulations and conducted a theoretical study on the accuracy of different data filtration techniques aimed to analyze fluidized beds..
- John Grace and Andrés Mahecha, of the Fluidization Research Centre, of the Chemical and Biological Engineering Department in British Columbia University, Vancouver (Canada), they admitted A. Gómez García in a short summer stay in 2010. A. Gómez García worked in biomass fluidized bed gasification reactors modeling.
- Christoph R. Müller, from ETH Zurich, admitted Fernando Hernández Jiménez during the summer of 2010 and autumn 2011. Fernando worked on Two-fluid model and DEM simulations of fluidized beds.