Measurements techniques and monitoring
The main aims of the line are:
- The application of conventional as well as novel measurement techniques in gas solid fluidized beds in order to extract useful information to guide design and fluidized bed process operations.
- The development of novel control strategies and monitoring tools to be applied in gas solid fluidized beds processes.
Pressure fluctuation monitoring.
Vibration and acoustic measurements.
Humidity and temperature measurements.
The collected signals are analyzed in time, frequency and state space domains in order to extract qualitative as well as quantitative information on bed and process dynamics [1-3]. Moreover, multiscale analysis by means of the Empirical Method of Decomposition (EMD) and wavelet approaches are applied to get insight on the different dynamics scales exhibited by the measured signals . The effect of noise on measured signals is particularly taken into account during the time series analysis.
1. L. de Martin, J.V. Briongos, J.M. Aragon, M.C. Palancar, Can low frequency accelerometry replace pressure measurements for monitoring gas-solid fluidized beds? Chemical Engineering Science. 65 (2010) 4055-4064.
2. J.V. Briongos, C. Sobrino, J. Gómez-Hernández, D. Santana, Characterization of flow-induced vibrations in gas-solid fluidized beds: Elements of the theory, Chemical Engineering Science. 93 (2013) 181-196.
3. J. Gómez-Hernández, J. Sánchez-Prieto, J.V. Briongos, D. Santana, Wide band energy analysis of fluidized bed pressure fluctuation signals using a frequency division method, Chemical Engineering Science. 105 (2014) 92-103.
4. J.V. Briongos, J.A. Aragon, M.C. Palancar, Phase space structure and multi-resolution analysis of gas-solid fluidized bed hydrodynamics: Part II: Dynamic analysis, Chemical Engineering Science. 62 (2007) 2865-2879. Funding:
- SEGREGACIÓN Y TRANSFERENCIA DE CALOR EN LECHOS AEROVIBRANTES. (MICINN: DPI2009-10518). (01/01/2010 – 31/05/2013)
- ENERGY CONVERSION OF CYNARA BIOMASS AND VALORIZATION OF BY PRODUCTS (CARDENER-CM). Comunidad de Madrid. ( 01/01/2010 – 31/05/2014)